peopleInnovationCareers RarePipelineCollaborationFinanceAdvance treatment Skip to main contentSkip to navigationSkip to search
HNSA   ( ,  %) SEK
Quotes are delayed 15 minutes

Hansa Medical’s rights issue with preferential rights has been completed

22 Mar 2012, 09:00
Regulatory information
Hansa Medical’s rights issue with preferential rights, and the directed rights issue to NEXTTOBE AB accomplished in January 2012, have in total provided the company with SEK 46 million before issue expenses. The preferential rights issue comprised 3.7 million shares at SEK 5.00 per share and raised in total SEK 18.5 million before issue expenses. 74% of the shares were subscribed for through preferential rights and Farstorps Gård AB and NEXTTOBE AB subscribed the remaining 26% of the shares equally, through rights issue guarantee.

As a result of the preferential rights issue, the number of Hansa Medical shares will increase by 3,704,229. After the rights issue the share capital amounts to 111,126,870 distributed on 22,225,374 shares. After registration of the increase in share capital at the Swedish Companies Registration Office, the paid subscription shares (BTA) in the rights issue will be converted to new shares. New shares are expected to become subject to trading on NASDAQ OMX First North on April 5, 2012.

Background to the preferential rights issue
A directed rights issue amounting 5 million shares at share price SEK 5.50 to Bengt Ågerup’s investment company NEXTTOBE AB was accomplished in January 2012, raising SEK 27.5 million. The directed rights issue combined with the preferential rights issue have raised in total SEK 46 million to Hansa Medical before issue expenses. Hansa Medical is now well financed in order to carry through clinical phase I and phase II trials with the drug candidate IdeS during 2012 and 2013.

IdeS is Hansa Medical’s most important biopharmaceutical development program. The IgG specific enzyme IdeS is being developed for use as a once-only treatment prior to kidney transplantation of sensitized transplantation patients. Sensitized transplantation patients have significant serum levels of donor specific antibodies, making it especially challenging to find a suitable organ donor for these patients. IdeS neutralizes IgG antibodies and has the potential to make sensitized patients transplantable, and thereby shorten the waiting time for these patients. The program is in late preclinical development and the results from toxicology and safety studies are currently being evaluated. Clinical phase I studies are scheduled for mid 2012.

In addition, considerable development activities are planned for the immunomodulating enzyme EndoS, as well as further development of the diagnostic method HMD-301 for diagnosis of urinary tract infections.

For further information, please contact:
Hansa Medical AB
Emanuel Björne, CEO
Mobile: 46 707 17 54 77

Hansa Medical is a drug and diagnostics discovery company focused on inflammatory diseases. The company develops innovative biological pharmaceuticals and diagnostic methods both independently and in partnership with large, established companies. At present, the company is primarily undertaking three development projects: IdeS, EndoSand HMD-301. New development projects and product candidates generated through cooperation with medical academic research are continuously evaluated. The main shareholders of Hansa Medical are Bo Håkansson via Farstorps Gård AB, and Bengt Ågerup via NEXTTOBE AB. Hansa Medical is listed on NASDAQ OMX First North, and Remium Nordic AB is the company’s Certified Adviser.